The Speaking Body is Today's Unconscious : a series of talks staged at Central Saint Martins and hosted by Kingston University and LS2
Pierre-Gilles Gueguén: The Body and the Imaginary: The Case of Francis Bacon (21 January 2016)
Welcome by Gabriela van den Hoven, and introduction by Véronique Voruz
Pierre-Gille Guéguen's talk discusses the art of Francis Bacon in the context of his relationship with his 'symptom-partner' Georges Dyer. The talk is oriented by conceptual innovations, such as the sinthome, introduced by Lacan in his teaching in the late 1970s.Pierre-Gille Guéguen is a psychoanalyst who lives and works in Paris. He is a member of the École de la Cause freudienne.
- Marie-Hélène Brousse – The Symbolic and the Body (4 February 2016)
Introduced by Alan Rowan
- Vincente Palomera – The Real and the Body (18 February 2016)
Introduced by Natalie Wülfing
- Bruno de Halleux – Sexuality Today (3 March 2016)
Introduced by Véronique Voruz
This talk is published in The Lacanian Review, No. 2 (2016).
- Alexandre Stevens – Unlimited Enjoyments (17 March 2016)
Psychoanalyst, Brussels, founder of Le Courtil
introduced by Véronique Voruz
- Éric Laurent - Contemporary Symptoms (19 May 2016)
Psychoanalyst and former president of the World Association of Psychoanalysis. Trained by Jacques Lacan in the 1970s, Éric Laurent was a member of the directorate of the École freudienne de Paris at the time of the School's dissolution in 1980 and has been a member of the École de la Cause freudienne since its inception. He was editor-in-chief of La Cause freudienne from 1992 to 1994 and currently teaches within the framework of the Clinical Section of the Department of Psychoanalysis at University Paris-VIII.
Introduced by Véronique Voruz
Radio Lacan broadcasts in English
- Lacanian Compass: Towards the 14th Conference of Clinical Study: "What Real at Stake". Conference by Pierre-Gilles Gueguen ,20.12.2021
- London Society, NLS, Knottings Seminar, Towards the NLS Congress: The Bodily Effects of language:”Beyond the Family Romance: The Canker that is Language and the Sensitivity it implies”, With Els van Compernolle, 6.3.2021
- Video Seminar "The Raw and the Cooked of the Dream" Towards the Clinical Study Days 13 oorganised by Lacanian Compass.
With Fabián Naparstek, 15.12.2020
- London Society, NLS, Webinar Series on Lacan’s Seminar XVII, Chapters 1, 7 & 13, with Marie-Hélène Brousse, Alexandre Stevens & Eric Laurent, respectively. 19.4.20
- London Society, NLS, Towards the NLS Congress: Interpretation: From Truth to Event. From the Meaning the Escapes the Cause, by Alexandre Stevens, 18.1.2020
- London Society of the NLS, Knottings Seminar
“Interpretation: From the Meaning that Escapes to the Cause”.
With Alexandre Stevens, 18.01.20
- ICLO Society of the NLS, Knottings Seminar
“The Other Side of Interpetation, Resonances of the Body in Psychoanalysis”
With Bernard Seynhaeve, 18.01.20
- Towards the 13th Clinical Study Days in New York: “Interpretation in the Era of the Speaking Body” conference organized by LC-NLS.
With Anne Lysy, 20.12.2019
- London Society -NLS. Introduction to the Lacanian Clinic of Psychosis
With Roger Litten, 17.12.2019
- London Society -NLS. “Introduction to Lacanian Interpretation. Irma, Still.”
With Roger Litten, 22.10.2019
- ICLO Society of the NLS, Space Formation of the Analyst and Its School, “What Does an Analysis Satisfy”
With Dalila Arpin, 11.10.19
- Towards the 13th Clinical Study Days in New York "What is at stake in the practice of dream interpretation today?"
By Roger Litten, 3.11.2019
- Second International Conference of the Lacan Circle of Australia-NLS: "The Real Unconscious." With Alexandre Stevens, 14.7.2019
- Conference at Lacanian Compass-Miami: "Structuring and destructuring of psychoanalysis"
With Yves Vanderveken, 26.8.2018 http://www.radiolacan.com/en/topic/1224/3
- ICLO Society of the NLS: Presentation in Dublin of Scilicet 2018 in English with Anna Aromí and Rik Loose.
With Anna Aromí Folch, 23.8.2018
- Lecture by Jean-Pierre Rouillon - ACF Midi-Pyrénées - Cahors "The passage to the act: A before? An after?" 26.5.18
- Conference of Lacanian Compass in Miami: "Clinical Practice in Institutional Contexts with Legal Cases: Legal Equality and Subjective Singularity before the Law"
with Irene Greiser, 20.2.18
- Conference by Marie-Hélène Brousse "Democracy without Fathers".
With Marie-Hélène Brousse, 9/2/18.
- Cycle of conferences: Transference beyond Love: “False Connection”
By Florencia Shanahan, 21.4.18
- Resonances of the XXXth Congress of the APSA (Argentinean Psychiatrists Association)
By Elena Levy Yeyati, interview with Dinesh Bhugra, 22.4.2015 https://radiolacan.com/en/podcast/resonances-of-the-xxxth-congress-of-the-apsa-argentinean-psychiatrists-association
With thanks to our friends at Lacanian Compass for compiling this list.
Seminars of the London Society of the NLS
Texts from the Psychoanalytical Notebooks of the LSNLS
- Arenas, Alicia, "Episodic or What Lacan's Teachings are Not, " PN8, 2002.
- Bonningue, Catherine, "Family Secret and Castration", PN5, 2001.
- Briole, Guy, "The Dream: An Interpretation of the Subject", PN2, 1999.
- Brousse, Marie-Hélène, "Hysteria and Sinthome", PN3, 1998.
- Brousse, Marie-Hélène, "Sexual Position and the End of Analysis".PN3, 1999.
- Carpentier, Philippe, "There is no Guarantee", PN6, 2001.
- Cassin, Josiane, "The Child and the Siren", PN9, 2002.
- Cassin, Roger, "Time-Lag", PN6, 2001.
- Cottet, Serge, "Four Preliminary Questions to a Renewal of the Clinic", PN4, 2000.
- Dachy, Vincent, "Do not Confuse the Real(s)", PN3, 1999.
- De Souza, Maria, "From the Subject of Science to the Subject of the Unconscious", PN3, 1999.
- Dessal, Gustavo, A Diagnostic Problem, PN7, 2002.
- Di Ciaccia, Antonio, "The Love of God and of the Neighbour", PN3, 1999.
- Dravers, Philip, Joyce & the Sinthome: Aiming at the Fourth term of the Knot, PN13, 2005.
- Dravers, Philip, The drive as a fundamental concept of psychoanalysis, PN23, 2011.
- Forrester, John, CBT and Pascal's Wager, PN14, 2005.
- Gault, Jean-Louis, "Two Statuses of the Symptom", PN7, 2002.
- Georgiou, Penny, "Lacan's Hamlet", PN5, 2001.
- Glynos, Jason, "Formalising-to-the-Limits and the End of Analysis", PN2, 1999.
- Grigg, Russell, "Enjoy-meant of Language and Jouissance of the Letter", PN8, 2002.
- Guéguen, Pierre-Gilles, "Discretion of the Analyst in the Post-Interpretative Era", PN2, 1999.
- Guéguen, Pierre-Gilles, "The Pass Between Knowledge and Belief", PN3, 1999.
- Guéguen, Pierre-Gilles, "Symptomatic Homeostasis in Psychoses", PN12, 2004.
- Horne, Bernardino, "Phobia as a Turntable", PN7, 2002.
- Hyldgaard, Kirsten, "Heidegger's Anxiety Versus Lacan's", PN14, 2005.
- Jaanus, Maire, "The Passage-to-the-Act in Anna Karenina", PN14, 2005.
- Klein, Richard, "Responsibility in Psychoanalysis", PN3, 1999.
- Klein, Richard, "Training Effect", PN10, 2003.
- Klotz, Jean-Pierre, "Perception and Psychosis", PN6, 2001.
- Laurent, Dominique, "Paradoxical Effects in the Pass", PN10, 2003.
- Laurent, Éric, "The Ethics of Psychoanalysis", Today, PN8, 2002.
- Laurent, Éric, "On the Right Use of Supervision", PN10, 2003.
- Leguil, François, "About the Nature of Consent of the Analysands to the Short Session", PN10, 2003.
- Litten, Roger, "Desire Put to Work", PN9, 2002.
- Maleval, Jean-Claude, "Why so many 'Borderlines'?", PN4, 2000.
- Marret, Sophie, "Lewis Carroll - the Symbol and the Letter", PN5, 2001.
- Marret, Sophie, "Epiphanies : James Joyce and Virginia Woolf", PN9, 2002.
- Miller, Jacques-Alain, "The Seminar of Barcelona", PN1, 1998.
- Miller, Jacques-Alain, "Interpretation in Reverse", PN2, 1999.
- Miller, Jacques-Alain, "Contraindications to Psychoanalytical Treatment", PN4, 2000.
- Miller, Jacques-Alain, "Ironic Clinic", PN7, 2002.
- Miller, Jacques-Alain, "The Analytic Session", PN10, 2003.
- Jacques-Alain Miller with Roser Casalprim, Lucia D’Angelo, Vicente Palomera and Joan Salinas
- The Seminar of Barcelona Part 1: on Die Wege der Symptombildung
- The Seminar of Barcelona Part 2
- Naveau, Laure, "Bulimia and Perception of the Feminine Body", PN6, 2001.
- Naveau, Pierre, "Man's Approach to Woman: A Logical Pathway", PN11, 2003.
- Naveau, Pierre, "To Let Oneself Be Maltreated: Event and Fantasy", PN5, 2001.
- Naveau, Pierre, "The Psychoanalyst' Passion", PN8, 2002.
- Naveau, Pierre, "Precariousness And Social Disinsertion", PN19, 2009.
- Palomera, Vicente, "An Error in Diagnosis: Causes and Consequences", PN4, 2000.
- Papada, Peggy, "Editorial: Formation of the Analyst", PN 36, 2020
- Piechotka, Ernesto, "A Patient Presentation: A Singular Encounter", PN8, 2002.
- Rasmussen, René, "'Kill Me a Son': On Kierkegaard and Lacan", PN14, 2005.
- Ragland, Ellie, “Jacques Lacan’s Capitalist Discourse”, PN32, 2018
- Regnault, François, "Hegel's Master and Slave Dialectic in the Work of Lacan", PN2, 1999.
- Sauvagnat, François, "On the Specificity of Elementary Phenomena", PN4, 2000.
- Sauvagnat, François, "Psychotic Anxiety and its Correlate in Bodily Experiences: Some Remarks on 'New Symptoms'", PN14, 2005.
- Seunier, Patricia, "What Can Be Supposed of a Passer?", PN2, 1999.
- Shotter, John, "The Loss of Relatedness and the Pathology of an Atomistic Democracy", PN14, 2005.
- Skriabine, Pierre, "Logic of the Scansion or why a Session can be Short?", PN10, 2003.
- Thèves, Pierre ,"Witz, Transmission and Drive in the Social Bond", PN2, 1999.
- Trobas, Guy, "Perversion of Sexuality/Perverse Subject", PN2, 1999.
- van den Hoven, Gabriela, "Toxicomania in Context", PN9, 2002.
- Vinciguerra, Rose-Paule, "The Paradoxes of Love", PN3, 1999.
- Vinciguerra, Rose-Paule, "The Length of the Session", PN10, 2003.
- Voruz, Véronique, "The Scene by the Lake: When Desire Fails as Defence", PN3, 1999.
- Woollard, Victoria, "Knowledge and Truth Beyond Oedipus", PN9, 2002.
- Yang, Suzanne, "Silence and Illiteracy", PN7, 2002.
Events of the WAP
- Laurent Dupont, Interview with Laurent Dupont, Towards "Question d'Ecole" - Paris, 1st February 2020, Published in French in L'Hebdo-Blog 189, Nouvelle Série [Puissance de la parole. Clinique de l'École – Entretien avec Laurent Dupont, President de l'ECF)]
- Esthela Solano-Suárez, Beyond Ontology, Towards "Question d'Ecole" - Paris, 1st February 2020, Published in French in L'Hebdo-Blog 189, Nouvelle Série, 19th January 2020